Followers

Monday, May 21, 2012

Two steps forward, one backwards

Driving back and forth to Silver Sands State Park was beginning to wear on me. It was also costing a fortune between the 45 minute drive and the $9 to get in. But I was up to 15 miles there.
Saturday I rode with Lesley in Orange. She was indeed an asset.
She rode behind me and kept me going. I am learning how to plan for hills.
We rode 9 miles through town. I never realized how hilly my town is. Nor did I realize how bad some of the town roads are on the sides.
I was exhausted afterwards but had to go help with a rabies clinic. If I didn't have to do that I am sure I would have taken a nap.
I learned that I do have a large tear in my right shoulder which has made riding a bit more challenging. I will have the surgery in September.
Something else I am noticing is that the top of my hands feel like there is something pinching them after riding.
I even got new hand grips and it is still happening.
Riding a bike is not that easy when you are older.
I have many fears. I am afraid to take my eyes off the road, have a rear view mirror on the handlebars to keep an eye on traffic.
I am gaining new respect for cyclists. Cars are not considerate of people on bicycles.
Les and I were at Ridge Road and Old Grassy Hill Roads. We waited at the four way stop sign for our turn to go. Les gave me a bit of a head start and started to follow me and a woman actually started to drive right into her.
Note to drivers if there is more than one biker at the intersection they will all go together.
I am now at -23 pounds.

2 comments: