Followers

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Some progress - finally

I am happy to write that I have lost 17 pounds. I know there is a long way to go but at least this is a start.
Of course no one has noticed but that is to be expected.
I am also making a little progress on the bicycle. Sunday I rode 7 miles without falling. I took the bike to Silver Sands State Park and rode down to the Audubon Center and back. When I got back I felt like I could have kept going.
I must say it is pretty difficult to ride with traffic, gutters and drain basins in the rode.
It was also challenging to navigate the narrow streets with cars parked on both dies full of church goers. That was when I got off and walked.
I recently learned I have a torn rotator cuff in my right shoulder. It has limited my training some because it is constantly in pain. Tomorrow I learn what the remedy will be. I am, hoping it is physical therapy and nothing more.
Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Take you bike to the railroad canal trail in Cheshire and Hamden. No cars there, smooth riding, nice scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can take a while to get comfortable riding in the road. When I started bike commuting it was definitely a big adjustment. Now it's just something I deal with. If you stick to smaller, quieter streets at first, that might help. And if there are gutters, don't be afraid to move over a little.

    ReplyDelete