Followers

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Two steps forward, three backwards

It has been a month since I last posted and a lot has happened.
I can now ride nearly 15 miles as long as those miles are flat.
Throw in a couple of good hills and I am wiped out.
On a couple of occasions I have tried to start my ride from home instead of driving to a location.
Each time this is done it completely wipes me out before the ride is really even started.
My other half, who is a triathlete, has suggested that I need to strengthen my core and legs. So I am now back in the gym doing leg strengthening and the god awful stair master.
I am beginning to lose my optimism of being ready for the September bike ride. It is really depressing.
I have also hit another plateau with weight loss. Fortunately I haven't gained any weight back but I haven't lost any either.

1 comment:

  1. When I started riding my bike again after many years off, I had back pain. I was afraid it was going to be something really serious, but my doctor recommended I work on my core strength too. It did take a while before I saw any improvement, but my back does hurt less now than it used to. So just stick with it - I'm sure you'll be more ready by September if you do.

    ReplyDelete