Followers

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I survived the big ride!

It is over, now a thing of the past and I can't wait to take on the next challenge.
The Sojourn bicycle trip to Vergenees, VT was FANTASTIC.
The first day was a breeze riding about 12 miles followed by a lobster dinner reception where we met the owner of Sojourn Bicycle Tours. And the wine was free flowing.
Our accommodations at the Basin Harbor Club were fantastic. The entire time we were there everything about the location was first rate.
Our tour guides Luke and Barb were unbelievable. You couldn't have asked for two nicer people.
I will admit I was one of the slowest riders in our group. But everyone was supportive and good natured about it. On the last day when we biked to Burlington I wasn't sure I would make it but Barb rode right by my side encouraging me and waiting for me all the way into downtown.
I am now looking forward to new September and being able to participate in the New Hampshire Three Notch Century. Have to start strengthening the legs for those hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment