Followers

Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Big 6 0

I am 60 and fat. There, I put it in black and white. Turning 60, which I did in January, has really been kind of traumatic for me. Neither of my parents lived to be this age. Last year before the holidays I was dreading hitting the big 6 0. I decided to stop coloring my hair. After all, I rationalized; I don’t want those chemicals in my body. I no longer use ANY products that have been tested on animals. So why am I still coloring my hair? The simple answer, I told myself, was that I was doing my best to hide my age. I work in an environment where many of my coworkers are much younger than I am I rationalized. On my birthday, we did NOTHING. This was not a year to celebrate still being alive. I am not by anyone’s imagination athletic. However I am about to become just that. I came to the conclusion that to help me get through this year I need a change. So when we received an offer to go on a bicycle trip in Vermont I convinced my spouse that this would be a good move. She, is in fantastic shape and is a triathlete. This is nothing for her. But for me the next six months I will be in training. Yesterday I went to the doctor to make sure I had no medical complications. I received a clean bill of health. This morning I went to the eye doctor and had my vision checked and talked to her about proper glasses. My next step will be Kennedy & Perkins eye glass in New Haven to talk with Richard about some kind of wrap around glasses that will increase my vision. This weekend you will be able to find my at L. A. Fitness. The gym is about to become my friend. A scary thought indeed. Stay tuned to ‘Bridget’s great adventure. Any help you might want to offer will be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment